Thursday, July 27, 2017

Review: Poems for Kids and Me

25806733 Poems for Kids and Me by Jessie L. Best
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*I received a copy from the author for review. This in no way effects my review*

Blurb: This children's book of poems is bound to delight young poetry lovers with colorful illustrations that bring the characters to life.

Meet Gunther Troll, a favorite playmate, or climb aboard the Ballabooga Train with Martin Mouse on his weekly run to pick up passengers who shop for candy, apples, and even spider wings. 





Over all I enjoyed this book. The poems were fun and different. I found some parts to be slightly difficult to read, places where I stumbled over some of the words, but I otherwise enjoyed reading this. I just wish it had flowed a little more smoothly.

As a child, my favorite poems were always ones that rhymed. While many of these do, there seems to be no pattern or order in which some of them rhyme, in fact a few of the poems seem to rhyme at random, while others seem to have a set pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment