Friday, July 28, 2017

Review: Helping Daisy Grow

35496423 Helping Daisy Grow by Layla Ford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In this heartfelt story you will meet a courageous worm named Inch, who forms an unlikely friendship with a flower. When Inch finds out his flower friend, Daisy is in trouble, he is determined to help her even if it means he has to face one of his greatest fears. Will Inch come up with a plan to save Daisy and get her the sunlight she needs before it is too late? Read this adorable story to discover whether a tiny worm really can become a hero.
Helping Daisy Grow was written to inspire young children to believe you can accomplish anything if you are willing to try.




*I received a copy from the publisher for review. This review is my honest opinion.*

I really enjoyed this one! While not the emotional ride some children's books are, it was still exciting and fun to read, and towards the end even held me in a bit of suspense!

First off I really like the cover, and after reading it, can say it's very fitting to the story without giving anything away. I enjoyed the artwork throughout an they tell the story almost as well as the words, and they work together nicely! The back cover and the blurb are also well done, and describe the situation in a simple yet intriguing way, making readers want to know more.

The story and writing were well done. Easy to read, understand, and follow. The pictures tell the same story as the words, so it's easy for children to follow along, and even read for themselves. The characters are interesting and work well together.

Overall I enjoyed reading this and recommend it to parents and teachers of young children.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment