Thursday, June 29, 2017

Review: Rise of the Erifs

31540521 Rise of the Erifs by Atlanta Bushnell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy from the author for review

"What is that?!" "An Erif. A killing machine. If they catch us, they'll kill us. That's all you need to know." The Erifs are ruthless, powerful and unforgiving. They feed on rage and hatred. And Prince Torin is all that stands in their way. He is young and impulsive. Determined to protect those he loves at any cost as their kingdom prepares for war with the Erifs - a fierce race of warriors - even if it means paying the ultimate price. But little does he know that those closest to him are hiding dark secrets. And in a land where battle lines are drawn in blood and carved out with fire, secrets could end them all.






I had mixed feelings about this one... While I really enjoyed the story overall, I felt the writing style was over simplified, and therefore hurt the story. The characters were good, and the world building was great, but it reads more like a middle-grade story, the the language and violence level is better suited for a slightly older audience.

Still I did enjoy this one, and while I didn't love the writing, the story was fun and fast paced enough to keep me entertained. I'm excited to see more of the Six Kingdoms, and to see what happens next in book two! I really enjoyed the ending, and think with just a little more work, this could be a great story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment