Thursday, June 29, 2017

Review: Ash and Quill

30956356 Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an ARC galley from NetGalley for review

The unforgettable characters from Ink and Bone and Paper and Fire unite to save the Great Library of Alexandria from itself in this electrifying adventure in the New York Times bestselling series.

Hoarding all the knowledge of the world, the Great Library jealously guards its secrets. But now a group of rebels poses a dangerous threat to its tyranny....

Jess Brightwell and his band of exiles have fled London, only to find themselves imprisoned in Philadelphia, a city led by those who would rather burn books than submit. But Jess and his friends have a bargaining chip: the knowledge to build a machine that will break the Library’s rule.

Their time is running out. To survive, they’ll have to choose to live or die as one, to take the fight to their enemies—and to save the very soul of the Great Library....




Cover: Beautiful
Rating: 5 Stars
Overall: Intense and Emotional
Characters: Well Written
Plot: With the Library closing in, and Burners on the move, Jess and his friends must choose sides.
Page Turner: Yes!
Series Cont.? Yes!
Recommend: Yes!
Favorite Character: I can't choose!
Source: NetGalley

Review: Ah! The feels, so many feels! LOVE IT! It's not often that I have a book leaving me with so many feelings, and with this one I enjoyed that pleasure from the start! I wasn't crazy about the slow pacing of Ink and Bone, but after reading that cliffhanger, I had to continue on with the series, and now it's become one of my most anticipated reads! I love this series, and can't get enough of Jess and his friends!

I love, love, love the characters, plot, writing style, everything! I don't say that often, but this book is definitely one of my top faves this year, and will likely remain one of the most memorable reads this year! I had three last year that I still rave about, this year I have two so far that I can't share enough, this being the second! This series has continued to get better with each book, and I am so excited to see what happens next! Will be anxiously awaiting book four!


2 comments:

  1. I have read this whole series and I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! I am a new follower. It looks like we have a lot of the same taste. I would love for you to stop by my blog if you can!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites! And best of luck!

      Thank you for the follow! I'd be happy to check out your blog :)

      Delete