Saturday, June 3, 2017

2017 Liebster Awards







I want to give a big thank you and should out to Heather over at Heather's Reading Hideaway for nominating me! I really appreciate it, and I recommend you guys checking out her blog!

Here are the rules:

  • Thank the person who has nominated you for the award.
  • Answer the 11 questions the person as asked you.
  • Nominate up to 11 people.
  • Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions. 

Liebster Awards: Discover New Blogs 


Here are the questions asked by Heather:

1. What book from your childhood holds a lot of sentimental value for you? What does it mean to you?
Narnia, specifically the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! While my mother read to me for years, this is the one the really clicked for me. In second grade my teacher, Mrs. Land, used to have story time every day. I always enjoyed this, but the only book I remember is this one. When she started reading, I had a moment where I KNEW I had to read this for myself one day. It took me a few years to do it, but I never forgot, and that's what started my love of reading! (Fun fact, I didn't read until fourth grade, but I started on small chapter books! Think Pony Pals and Julie of the Wolves XD)

2. How strict are you with spoilers? Do you avoid them at all costs or do spoilers get you interested to read the book?
 Eh...This one is a little harder. I don't mind vague spoilers.
For example
As long as the spoiler leaves out names and details I don't mind, it's like little hints, but I still want the full shock factor of being surprised when I read it for myself.


3. If you are sitting and reading, what drink and snack do you have by your side?
Usually either tea or water with cookies or fruit!

4. Which book themes immediately have you interested? Which ones are total turn offs?
Fantasy and Pirates always pique my interest! Especially if it has dragon riders or elves/fae!
Turn offs? Contemporary romance and sci-fi (space) are usually not my things, but I have been surprised and loved a few!

5. What genre have you read the most so far in 2017?
Fantasy!  Or romance since a lot of the YA fantasy books also have plenty of that! But overall, fantasy :)

6. Are there any hyped up books that you were excited about but it let you down?
...ACOWAR? I loved it over all, and did give it a five star rating, but I just pretent the last 50 pages don't exist. I loved it until the Epilogue or whatever where it talks about after the war. I hated that part!

7. Name a book that pleasantly surprised you. 
Anna and the French Kiss!  I heard so many good things about it, but being that it is one of those 'sappy, girly, romance books!' I didn't really want to read it. I thought it was just another 'love story' but I really ended up loving it! St. Clair! 😍

8. What genre do you want to read more of?
Either classic fantasy (think LotR, WoT, DragonLance)  or maybe more detective things like Sherlock. I struggle with both, and have been bad for taking the cop out and reading only YA, but I used to read more variety and would like to again. I would also like to start reading more classics, especially horror (Dracula, Frankenstein, Jekyll and Hyde), and the classic fairy-tales where the princess stories come from!

9. Which book character do you feel the closest to?
 Aelin from ToG. I struggle with bipolar I and anxiety and I feel like a monster some days. I completely understand wanting to hide and ignore parts of myself, and I feel a lot of how she feels with her fae side as a reflection of my struggles. I struggle with feeling afraid and unworthy and unlovable at times, and there are all things she deals with. I also have a side where I am super outgoing and feel I can concur the world. It all depends on the day, and this is how I see Aelin's relationship with Celaena.


10. How do you save the page you're on? Do you use bookmarks? Pieces of scrap paper? Or are you someone who can memorize exactly what page you left off on?
 Ah...I used to always stop at a new chapter, so I didn't need bookmarks, I don't do that any more XD I read so much I use what ever's close! Often with library books I use the recept so I can see when they are due. My own books, I use bookmarks, especially if they are related to that book, or scraps of paper I have lying around!

11. Which go to book do you recommend to everyone?
So many! I'm going with my favoite series, the Rhodi Saga by Megan Linski. I love these books, and have been raving about them since they came out last year! Devin deals with depression, and resorts to cutting. While I'm not a cutter, I love how her struggles are handled in these books, and I love seeing her come out of her shell, and realize that people really love her for her, scars and all. It's a super powerful message that I wish more stories told. 












My Nominees (If you want to participate!): 
You know what... it's been a week and I can't decide! I finished the rest the day after being nominated, but got stuck here. So, if you are reading this, I nominate YOU! XD If you answer my questions, feel free to share a link in a comment below, I would love to read your answers! ^.^





My questions (just copy and paste!): 

1. Who is your favorite villain?
2. Which genre do you absolutely hate?
3. Have you ever bought a book without reading the description?
4. What's your all time favorite book? Why?
5. What's the first book you ever remember reading?
6. What genre would you like to read more of?
7. What's a book on your TBR that you are excited to read, but have been putting off? Why?
8. If you would have one author mentor you in writing a book, past or present, who would it be? Why?
9. What character do you feel is most like you?
10. Guilty pleasure, most loved trope?
11. What's one theme or subject that would make you instantly want to read a book? What's something that would make you avoid a book?


Thanks for reading!

Please, if I nominated you and you end up answering my questions please tell me so I can read them! And if you've already done this, still tell me below! I love reading people's responses to bookish questions! Thank you again for Heather for nominating me!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your nomination for this! ^^ Tags are always fun.

    Narnia.. Well, er, I was going to say it's fantastic, but I've not actually read the books yet.. Love the movies, though. XD I have the book set - I really need to sit down and read 'em.

    #3: Omg all of that sounds delicious right now. I have a hard time focusing if I read in the daytime, so I usually read right before bed. With that said, I don't typically have snacks by my side. x)

    I pretty much recommend this series to every book lover I come across, so I may have mentioned this to you before -- but I bet you would like the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher! It's a long one with 15 books and counting, but it's urban fantasy/detective fiction and one of my favorites. It also has fae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes! I really want to start doing more tags again.

      Haha the movies are some of my favorites! The books are great too!

      XD I don't often eat while I read either, but those are things I *would* enjoy while reading haha

      I don't thinks you have mentioned it, but I'll have to check it out! I have heard of them before, but hadn't talked to anyone else who read them, so haven't looked it up yet. It sounds great!

      As always thank you for taking the time to read my post and comment! It really does mean a lot!

      Delete
    2. I wish the next film would come out already!! lol. It's been ages.

      If you do start reading the series, fair warning - a lot of people find the first couple of books hard to get through. I enjoyed them still, but things do get much better with each one. Try to bear with it! :D

      You're so welcome! Again, wish I commented more often than I do, but you have a great posting style.

      Delete