Monday, May 22, 2017

Review: He Lived Next Door

34927780 He Lived Next Door by Portia Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publish Date: May 31, 2017 


I received a ecopy from the author in exchange for my honest, unbiased review. This in no way affects my review.

There are ugly truths
and pretty lies.
When I lost them
I chose neither.
I wrapped myself in silence.
My husband, my best friend, became a stranger who gave up.

Then....
He moved next door, and everything changed.
You think you know this story,
but you don't.
Be careful what you ask for because the answer may not come the way you think.






This book! 😵😍 So many emotions, and I loved them all! When Portia asked me to review this, I knew as soon as I read the synopsis I had to read this one. That's why it surprised me that it took a little while for me to get into it. It wasn't until around 20% that I started liking it, but as soon as things started to pick up, I knew I was in for a wild ride! I loved how this story progressed, and the characters were relatable and painfully human (in a good way!)



It took me a while to start liking Bryce and Chassidy but instantly loved Carter and Davien from the start! 😍 I love how Bryce and Chassidy tell their story, and how slowly you see why each little thing matters, and how they view each-other. By the end, I loved them as much as I loved Carter and Davien! (But it wasn't until things started getting complicated that I realized they had grown on me! XD)

Such a powerful story of love and forgiveness, guilt and shame! It kept my attention, and I couldn't have asked for a better ending! While it was nothing like what I expected, it was even better than I had hoped! I just wish I could say I loved it from page one, but by the end, I understood why it had to be told that way, and it bad the ending even more emotional! So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment