Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Review: The Black Lotus & Blood Orchid

26544735 The Black Lotus by Claire Warner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received books one and two of the Night Flower series from YA Bound Book Tours. This didn't now affect my review in any way. I have included a joint review for the two below.

Blurb for Black Lotus:
It's 1752 and Melissa meets the man who will change her life forever. At her disastrous debut, Melissa meets the handsome Justin Lestrade and finds herself falling into his world. But Justin has secrets and many enemies. His dark past will not only ensnare her, but damage everything she knows and understands. Join Melissa as she sinks into a world of old feuds and ancient magic.














Blood Orchid (Night Flower #2) 

Blood Orchid (Night Flower #2)by


Blurb for Blood Orchid:
Tied to Justin with bonds stronger than blood, Melissa De Vire heads into her new life with fear and anger. Anger at Emily, at Katherine and most of all, anger at Justin, fuels her resolve to find a cure for the curse. From the English court in 1752 to the fires of the French Revolution, Melissa struggles to survive her new existence and find forgiveness for Justin as clues to a cure begin to surface.









 I wasn't sure what to think about this story at first, but the blurb was intuiting. It took me a while to get into it, but I enjoyed the characters, and loved the sense of mystery and intrigue surrounding Justin. A paranormal regency forbidden romance, all genre I don't often read, but this one was fun.

I loved this setting, and combined with the interesting characters, and mysterious tone, this one was a thrill to read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment