Sunday, May 14, 2017

Review: Belle's Tale

32841044 Belle's Tale by Mallory Reaves
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an eCopy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

Blurb: In Disney's live-action film Beauty and the Beast, Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman, is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast's hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince inside. This manga explores Belle's innermost thoughts as she learns that true beauty comes from within.











I enjoyed this book, but it felt...off somehow. I love anime/manga and I love everything Beauty and the Beast, but this seems to be forced, and didn't have the natural flow I'm used to in both of them. Still overall I enjoyed it, and thought the art was well done, I especially like how Gaston turned out! (Odd I know!)


No comments:

Post a Comment