Tuesday, April 18, 2017

TTT #12: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book

 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and The Bookish


April 18: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book
This one if a bit of a challenge for me. I've actually never thought of WHY I want to read a book, so this is a bit of a learning experience for me XD Again my answers aren't in any order, they are list listed as I think of them.

10. Written by a favorite author! (I mean come on! This is probably the most popular answer! lol) But really, if I see a book by someone I know, especally if I LOVED the last book I read by them, then it's pretty much an auto buy!

9. Eye catching! If I'm walking through a store, or even looking online and I title or cover catches my eye, I am a lot more likely to want to buy it. I'm very visual, so things that catch my attention are more likely to appeal to me.

8. Recommended and/or reviewed by a favorite author! This goes along with number 10, but if an author I love endorses a book in any way, I'm probably going to instantly want to know more about the book!

7. Series I've read! If it's the next book in a series I love, (and if I haven't already pre-ordered it XD) I often have to get my hands on it as soon as I see it! (I mean come on! It's been a year since the last book came out! The struggle is real!)

6. If the bookish community it talking about it! I've added a TON of books to my TBR for this reason alone! In the last year (I started my blog last April! O.O) alone I've met so many wonderful people and added (and read) so many amazing books that I would have never read/heard of outside of this incredible community! 

5. Retellings! So before last year, I don't believe I had ever read a retelling. Now I can't get enough of them! ACOTAR started my love for retellings, but now I've read quite a few, from Peter Pan retellings to Beauty and the Beast and even some based on lesser know stories. 

4. Fantasy! I LOVE fantasy books! So as my go-to genre I'm always looking for a new favorite! Especially books that involve pirates, knights, ninja, dragons, quests, or adventure! Plus I love superpowers, so that's always a welcome bonus!

3. Sassy/Sarcastic Leads! I LOVE sarcastic characters, and it's even better if it's one of the main characters! 

2. Intelligent Characters! Think Sherlock! I love characters full of cunning and wisdom! Especially if they are matched against an equally intelligent adversary! 

1. Legend/Mythology/fairy-tale! Ok, I'm a sucker for all of the above! Often they have one (or more!) of the other things I have mentioned, and what's not to love!? From the old stories, to modern tales, there is so much potential! 

So that's my Ten, what were some of yours? Did any books come to mind from this list? If so share them! If you also did this TTT share that too! I'd love to see what ten things you picked! 

Happy Reading!

Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Yasss.. this is a great list! I have been so addicted to retellings lately. I swear, that's all I've read this month, it seems. Mythology and fantasy are always favorites as well!
    Morrighan@Elysian Fields Reviews<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, what are some of your favorite retellings?

      Delete