Friday, April 14, 2017

The Ultimate Book Tag

 So while I was looking for book tags, I stumbled upon this one, and had to share it! If you have made, or know of any other fun book tags please share them below!

This book tag is called The Ultimate Book Tag and it was created by the lovely ladies at Chapter Chicks.
If you like to participate, please leave your link in the comment below so I can visit and read your answers.
Let’s get started!!
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Sometime. Lately I have been reading more in the car, and find that it doesn't bother me as much, but I still can't read on hills or curves.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Stephanie Perkins. I'm not a rom/com, chick-lit fan, but I love her work! It just feels right, and even makes me laugh out loud in spots! (Unlike most modern romances that bore me!)
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Neither. I read Twilight as a kid, but didn't like it, and never read Harry Potter. (These were the only two books my mom banned me from reading!)
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I don't carry a 'book bag' exactly, but I use my backpack as a purse/suitcase/book bag/etc! So I always have either a book or my Kindle with me everywhere I go.
5. Do you smell your books?
Haha yes!
 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
While I read a lot of books without, I love the ones that have them! It is just a special touch, and also helps bring the book to life for me.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
*Cring* Twilight

No actually, (I know it's blaspheme to say about my favorite book,but...) the Inheritance cycle. While I love the first two books, I felt the ending was rushed, and left a lot out, two things I dislike in books now. I feel the story didn't get told as well as it could have been, and that we missed important parts due to things like deadlines (which I know are important, but so is telling the entire story) I also feel that by the end, Paolini had started to get burnt out on Alagaesia while fans still wanted more.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really. Other that the fact that I read A LOT so librarians always knew my name because I spent most of my time reading as a child lol (I think it both amused them, and frightened them at the same time at the number of books I would check out each time!)
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A children's book called Gaston's Tale by Celeste K. Ramirez
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do. Openings mostly, and a few scenes, but nothing put together yet. I would love to be an author one day, but I am very hard on myself, and so I often scrap the things I write. Maybe one day...
12. When did you get into reading?
I found my love for reading in the second grade. My second grade teacher always encouraged our love for reading and would read us books every week. The only one I remember, and the one I fell in love with was the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I didn't start reading until the fourth grade, but that one moment planted a seed that has lasted a lifetime, and continues to grow! (My first reading goal was to read the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe myself one day! Something that I am proud of doing to this day!)
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Because of my second grade teacher I have to say the Chronicles of Narnia. It was always have a special place for me, but I can't pick just one book. After reading them all, I feel they loose meaning is not read together, so I have to recommend them all!
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Nope! Science was always my favorite, but I also enjoyed history if I had a good teacher. English(Grammar) and Math were two classes I hated, but always love the literature side of English.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I say thank you and then pass it on to someone else who would enjoy it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Not entirely similar, but one that I feel readers of both might enjoy is one of my favorite. The Rhodi Saga, or book one Rhodi's Light by Megan Linski
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Since I feel I'm super awkward I don't vlog, but as I'm getting out of my shyness more, maybe one day. In person I tend to talk to much and super fast when talking about things I love (books for instance!)
18. What is your favorite word?
Hmm... I don't really have one favorite. I guess if I had to pick right now it would be: Eloquence
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Um... don't they all mean the same thing? lol
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Can I choose Fae? No? OK then I'll take both! Sensual vampires and magical faeries? Um, yes!
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I have never been comfortable with stories about Angels and demons. While I have always loved a good shapeshifter story!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Again. Both. Why? Well spirits have unfinished business which leads to mysteries and I love mysteries. And werewolves, the are similar to shapeshifters to the whole pack drama brings me in.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires. I can't see myself ever falling for a rotting corpse...sorry
 24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
*grimace* Both? Yes I know tacky, but if it's well written I enjoy a little of both, but forbidden love would be my favorite.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed. I can stand romance in a fantasy/action book, but don't like books that only deal with romance. (They tend to bore me... haha)
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment