Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: Gaston's Tale

31753063 Gaston's Tale by Celeste K. Ramirez
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Thank you so much to Olympia Publishing for the review copy! ( I really hate doing this, but I promise honest reviews, below is my review)

Blurb: A different and slightly modern approach to an already well documented fairy tale, Celeste Ramirez follows her fascination with this genre and yet still provides the necessary ingredients to retain the expected magical mystery aura.
Christine, our heroine, and her brother, Gaston, enter into the world of the Beast with an added sprinkling of the arch rival, LeFou. With castles in the air and magical inventions the plot unfolds. As Celeste Ramirez reminds the reader, this is not the sweetest tale and there is no happy ending... just two sides to every story.








This one really disappointed me. I was so hoping to enjoy it...but I really didn't. I couldn't stand Christine, and though its called Gaston's Tale, its really more about her.

It was an interesting take, and held potential, but impress me. I hate giving low reviews, but this one left so much to be desired.

If you enjoy this I would love to hear your thoughts!
I read all the time, so perhaps I'm just used to books being a certain way, who knows? :)

Nevertheless, I loved the cover, and did enjoy a different take on my all time favorite Disney Princess story!



No comments:

Post a Comment