Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review: The Incredible Journey

231821 The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: Instinct told them that the way home lay to the west. And so the doughty young Labrador retriever, the roguish bull terrier and the indomitable Siamese set out through the Canadian wilderness. Separately, they would soon have died. But, together, the three house pets faced starvation, exposure, and wild forest animals to make their way home to the family they love. The Incredible Journey is one of the great children's stories of all time--and has been popular ever since its debut in 1961.
















What an incredible story! I first learned about this book years ago when I received the movie 'Homeward Bound' as a very young child, and later watched the original movie. I am only now getting around to reading the book that started it all, but I knew long before that it would quickly become a favorite! I wasn't wrong, it's just as good as I remember the movies being, and will be a story I look forward to sharing! An ageless tale about a trio of pets, and the longing they have to return home, to their owners, and to the people they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment