Thursday, December 22, 2016

Review: Angels Walking

Angels Walking Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:
When former national baseball star Tyler Ames suffers a career-ending injury, all he can think about is putting his life back together the way it was before. He has lost everyone he loves on his way to the big leagues. Then just when things seem to be turning around, Tyler hits rock bottom. Across the country, Tyler’s one true love Sami Dawson has moved on.

A series of small miracles leads Tyler to a maintenance job at a retirement home and a friendship with Virginia Hutcheson, an old woman with Alzheimer’s who strangely might have the answers he so desperately seeks.

A team of Angels Walking take on the mission to restore hope for Tyler, Sami, and Virginia. Can such small and seemingly insignificant actions of the unseen bring healing and redemption? And can the words of a stranger rekindle lost love? Every journey begins with a step.

It is time for the mission to begin…



Cover: Eye-catching!
Rating: 5 Stars
Overall: Beautifully written
Characters: Impossibly human <3
Plot: Can two angels help a group of seemingly unrelated people find hope, and restore their faith in God?
Page Turner: Yes!
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Source: Library

 I can't express how much I loved this book! I read it because my mom recommend it, but it had so many things that I normally wouldn't like in a book that I didn't expect to like it at all. Romance? Check! Contemporary fiction? Check! Christian fiction? Check! Realistic? (Aside for the Angels :P) Check! A Hallmark movie feel? Yep! Sports? Double check! What wasn't on my list was how relatable the characters was, and the suspense and utter brokenness of one character in particular, and how God used the little things to make the biggest differences.

This was the first book I have read by Karen Kingsbury, bit it just took one for me to become a fan! With in a few chapters, I was hooked and literally couldn't put it down! I am so glad I took the chance on this book, and as soon as I finished it I rushed to the library for the second book! Can't wait to see what heartaches the Angels Walking team faces this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment