Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: The Storybook Knight

29152096The Storybook Knight by Helen Docherty

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

**I received a free copy from Edelweiss and the Publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Note: This book is also called The Knight Who Wouldn't Fight

Blurb:
Even dragons can’t resist a good story…

Even though Leo would rather sit at home and read, his parents send him out into the world in the hopes that Leo will become a famous knight. But when Leo comes up against the land’s most fearsome beasts, he soon discovers that scary monsters enjoy a good book as much as anyone…





Cover: Perfect!
Rating 5 Glowing Stars!
Characters: Entertaining
Plot: Funny and Enjoyable
Overall: A Great Bedtime Story
Recommend? Yes!

When I first requested this title, I didn't realize it was about a mouse. Mouse + Knight + Booklover = SCORE! Wait...what's that? It rhymes?! Perfection! (Ok, ok so Redwall made me a mouse fan XD) Anyway I loved this book, and recommend it to anyone who has kids, or who enjoys children's books...oh who am I kidding! I recommend this book to everyone! XD Well...maybe not everyone. It is a fun book about a young knight who happens to be a mouse, and a book lover. His parents send him on a quest, saying a knight must fight. Its both entertaining, and teaches a lesson about friendship and kindness in a way that children are sure to enjoy.


I would love to read more books like this! A nice change and a quick read children's books will always hold a special place to me. What are some of your favorite children's books? Do you still read children's books?

Also I have been 'awful' at keeping up with the blog and especially with reviews! O.O I have been super busy trying to get set up to start my candle business, and although I have been reading, I have found it hard to make time for reviews that keep piling up. I plan to work on that, and hopefully will be able to designate one day a week to reviews for that week so I can get them posted much quicker. Do you have trouble keeping up with reviews? What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment