Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: Rhodi's Light

29755651Rhodi's Light by Megan Linski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I received a free ecopy from Xpresso Book Tours and the publisher/author in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.* Thank you!

Blurb:
Flight. Hyperspeed. Clairvoyance.

These are some of the powers gifted to the Rhodi, an ancient sect of assassins who defend Crescentia, a dystopian world with a dying hope.

Dyliana Fairsson is one of them. After losing her parents to a suspicious accident, she and her twin brother, Devin, join the Rhodi to avoid starvation. Under the direction of her master, Dylan struggles to learn the strength of her magic …as well as hide the growing scars on her wrists. Can Dylan become the warrior, the hero, she’s destined to be? Or is she fated to fall from the light into the darkness?

The first installment in the epic fantasy series by bestselling author Megan Linski, Rhodi’s Light is an action-packed thrill ride that will leave readers begging for more.





Cover: Eye-catching!
Rating: 4 Stars!
Overall: Powerful and Eye-opening
Characters: Broken and Beautiful
Plot: While becoming Rhodi, powerful warriors, you must also learn to trust and let go.
Page Turner: Yes!
Series Cont.? Yes!
Recommend: Yes!
Trigger Warning: This story deals with depression/mental illness and cutting

This is one of the best warrior/ability stories I have read. I also loved how it both mentioned and handles mental illness, something that many teens and young adults deal with. In this story there is so much going on at once, it seemed to fly by! I loved learning the secrets and surprises that the characters reveal and encounter, while also seeing how things developed between each of the characters. Dealing with many difficult issues in one story, there are parts that seem to jump, or that are rushed, but I think it turned out well overall and I've super excited to be starting the next book!
This is my second favorite of the three, which is hard to believe as it's one of my TOP favorite books, not only from this year, but all time!, but this one is literally just the beginning. The other two use what we learn in this book, and go deeper, making them more fulfilling in the end. And the last, ah! I'm getting ahead of myself. Also I know I mentioned there were for a blog tour, and I rarely post a SECOND review for books I review for tours, but there are THAT good! As my tour reviews are almost always super short, I wanted to give this series both more love, and as a recommendation to anyone who might not have seen or heard of it before!

About the Author:
Megan Linski is the owner of Gryfyn Publishing and has had a passion for writing ever since she completed her first (short) novel at the age of 6. Her specializations are romance, fantasy, and contemporary fiction for people aged 14-24. When not writing she enjoys ice skating, horse riding, theatre, archery, fishing, and being outdoors. She is a passionate advocate for mental health awareness and suicide prevention, and is an active fighter against common variable immune deficiency disorder. She lives in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment