Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review: Ink and Bone

20643052 Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb:
In an exhilarating new series, New York Times bestselling author Rachel Caine rewrites history, creating a dangerous world where the Great Library of Alexandria has survived the test of time.…

Ruthless and supremely powerful, the Great Library is now a presence in every major city, governing the flow of knowledge to the masses. Alchemy allows the Library to deliver the content of the greatest works of history instantly—but the personal ownership of books is expressly forbidden.

Jess Brightwell believes in the value of the Library, but the majority of his knowledge comes from illegal books obtained by his family, who are involved in the thriving black market. Jess has been sent to be his family’s spy, but his loyalties are tested in the final months of his training to enter the Library’s service.

When his friend inadvertently commits heresy by creating a device that could change the world, Jess discovers that those who control the Great Library believe that knowledge is more valuable than any human life—and soon both heretics and books will burn…




Cover: Beautiful
Rating: 5 Stars
Overall: Beautifully written
Characters: Mysterious and Intriguing
Plot: Life in the Great Library isn't as innocent as it might seem
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes!
Recommend: Yes
Source: Library

 Wow, this one caught me off guard! A little slow to start, but then it's a rush to the end, and what an end! I knew it was coming, and I still didn't expect it! This is one of my new top read series that I will be following. I'm honestly mixed, it was so well written, that I'm frightened for the characters, yet I have to know what happens next! It's rare that a book leaves me so stunned at the end, and it's honestly a pleasant and refreshing experience in this case! I'm so sorry I have put this review off for so long! O.O And I don't know why, because I LOVED this book! I read this back in August, but I didn't really review anything in September, and that's partly because I got behind at the end of August, and it just piled up >.> Oops. Anyway I'm catching up now, and while on the topic look for my review for book two of the Great Library series in the next month as I'm starting it soon!

About the Author:
Rachel Caine is a pen name of Roxanne Longstreet Conrad.

She has also published as:
Roxanne Longstreet
Roxanne Conrad
Julie Fortune
Ian Hammell

Her Facebook page: Facebook





Have you read Ink and Bone yet? Have you read any other YA you would recommend? I've read so many this year, it's crazy how many amazing books have come out this year, and it's almost over! What are some books you are still waiting to be released?

No comments:

Post a Comment