Friday, August 5, 2016

Review: Mission Atomic




23172739 Mission Atomic by Sarwat Chadda
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

**I received a free copy free from Scholastic Inc. through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review** Thank you for the chance to read and review!

Blurb:
Checkmate.
Thirteen-year-old Dan Cahill and his older sister, Amy, are running out of time. An exiled Cahill known as the Outcast has already recreated three of history’s worst disasters, and he’s saved the worst for last. If Dan and Amy can’t find and stop the Outcast fast, he will initiate a full-scale nuclear meltdown. But as Dan and Amy race around the world, they discover something horrifying. The Outcast’s disasters are only a smokescreen to cover up his true plan, a diabolical revenge on the family that betrayed him. Soon Amy and Dan will have to confront a hard truth: sometimes the only way to save the world is to sacrifice everything you love.


Cover: It’s okay
Rating 4 stars
Overall:
Characters: Well executed!
Plot: An exciting conclusion!
Page Turner: Yes, definitely.
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend Yes.

Review:
Wow, this is the first book I have read of Sarwat Chadda's but I love how he handled the plot and characters equally! This book was an exciting end to the series(view spoiler) Join the team once again as they try to stop the Outcast's last, and largest disaster! But wait, what's that? There's more?! Yep! This book was a very quick read, once you start, you won't be able to put it down! I loved seeing the cast do their part, and each having a chance to work as part of the team. Oh, and did I mention I love Alek?! XD My favorite character from the first book in the Doublecross series, and my favorite until the end!

Although I hate to see it end, I'm glad it did on a good note. I loved the 39 Clues from book one, and I wish more book series were written and handled this way. I love seeing how the different authors handled the series, and also found many authors I was unaware of before! Even though there were some books that I hated in the series, overall I loved the series, and the low points only made the high points that much brighter! 



Sarwat ChaddaAbout the Author: 
Sarwat Chadda has lived and traveled throughout the world, from China to Guatemala. He’s been lost in Mongolia, abandoned at a volcano in Nicaragua and hidden up a tree from a rhino in Nepal. Not to mention being detained by Homeland Security in the US and chased around Tibet by the Chinese police. Maybe he just has that sort of face.

Anyway, now he’s trying to settle in one place and stay out of trouble. Hence his new career as a writer. It’s safe, indoors and avoids any form of physical danger.

Throughout his travels, Sarwat has soaked up the myths, legends and cultures of far away places. Now, with the Ash Mistry series, he aims to bring these unfamiliar tales of ten-headed demons and blue-skinned heroes back home and put them beside the exploits of Achilles and Thor. His heroes are Prince Rama and the demon-slaying Kali. Isn't it about time you met them too?


Author Links:

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I'll have to put this series on my list to read. Thanks for sharing the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete