Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: Hidden Motive


Hidden Motive by Hannah Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:
Someone had murdered her grandfather. And Sable Chamberlain was next on the villain's hit list. With the help of her friend Paul Murphy, she hoped to hide at her family's isolated Ozark home. But then an ice storm trapped the couple there with a busload of shady characters and an atmosphere of tension...and evil. Sable and Paul could trust no one but each other. Their only hope to prevent sharing her grandfather's tragic fate was to solve the mystery surrounding his death, though danger lurked around every corner...




Cover: Eerie
Rating: 5 sparkling stars
Overall: Thrilling!
Characters: Mysterious
Plot: The suspense built right up until the end!
Page Turner: Yes!
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Yes!
Source: Library

Review:
This is one of the best LIS books I have read lately, and even over all one of my favorites! The mystery was enough to keep me wondering until the end. Exciting, and totally swoon worthy at times, a perfect combination! My little sister (age 8) started reading it over my shoulder at about half way through, and I finally had to let her finish, so I could enjoy it at my own pace! (She's a speed reader!) Sadly she spoiled it, but I still enjoyed the surprise of how they were about to get out of some tight spots at the end!

I loved seeing Paul and Sable's relationship grow, and the suspense was well paced. After reading so many mystery books it's often easy for me to guess what's going to happen next, or who the bad guys are, not this time! If not for my sister I would have been truly surprised, as at different points, I had suspected everyone with the obvious exclusion of Sable and Paul! I highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys romantic suspense, or LIS books, or anyone looking for a short yet satisfying clean romance read!
About the Author(s): 
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment