Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them #3

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and The Bookish.

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/
Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them
Again, these are in random order, but here are my ten ^.^

Stephanie’s Top Ten

 

1. The Maze of Bones (The 39 Clues, #1) - Although this isn't the first, it's the one I think of, the 39 Clues made me want to travel the world looking for clues! Who doesn't like a good treasure hunt?
2. Hood (King Raven, #1) - No one makes archery as cool as Robin Hood, the original! (Ok, ok .. Maybe there are a few...and Zelda is the real reason I learned, but he helped XD) Still he makes a curved piece of wood, some string and a sharp stick look sweet! 
3. Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) - I have always had a thing for a good knight's story, and I loved the battle, still do. But this is the one that really made me fall in love with the idea of sword fighting, practice battles of course! When Eragon and Murtagh train though -sigh- XD I also like Japanese and other Asian stories that use sword fighting, ninja and samurai type things.

4. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron - This one is partly because of movies, and horses are in my blood, but I've always wanted to tame a wild mustang (or any wild horse) and have the type of bond in stories. You know the ones where the horse loves it's human, but only the one person can ride/approach? True love <3
5. The Thief Lord - This book is one of my all time favorites. This, among others, makes it look so cool to have a secret double life, full of danger and adventures! 
6. New Moon (Oran, #1) - Between this and Avater: The Last Airbender (cartoon) I would love to be an elemental! Super powers, and especially elemental control makes for an exciting story! 

7. Starlighter (Dragons of Starlight, #1) -  Dragons! Well Eragon and many others two, but I love the dragons in this series, and hope to return to their world soon!
 
8. Julie of the Wolves (Julie of the Wolves, #1) - Along with horses, I love wolves, and this book encouraged that love. I would love to study wolves, and to work with them either as a caretaker at a rescue, or just to watch and study them at a distance, like they do in national parks.
9. The Phantom of the Opera - Sing for me! I love music, but this one really made singing seem like magic! 
10. Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)- After reading Inkheart,and the others, I want to bring my books to life! Then I would be able to do everything on this list! And even better? I would be able to crawl into the books, and be part of the journey! (Although I do anyway as a reader XD)

6 comments:

  1. ah yes the 39 clues series definitely inspired me to travel the world! I was really excited in the 6th book of the original series (In Too Deep I think) because partly set where I live aha. The last book in the Cahill vs. Vespers series put me off the 39 clues however, which is a shame.I haven't read/watched Phantom of the Opera, but I've heard amazing things! I'll have to get around to it soon!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they used the books to make learning fun! Even if the facts aren't real (but I know some are) it's still a great way to make kids excited to learn, and I'm an adult, and still love them. I've heard a lot of fans stopped after the original, but I skipped around and only read a few of the other series, so I haven't come to that point yet. I'm reading the latest series though, and can see why so many have stopped following them, it really is a shame though.

      Delete
  2. Omg I am 100% with you on reading books to life!! Where can I get a Mo?!? Or, better yet, where can I BECOME A MO. XD It would be amazing! And also leading a double life of espionage and fabulousness would be fun. ;) Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right?! Too bad I haven't figured it out yet either. XD I can definitely see me combining those two skills! I could totally live a double life in a book world! ^_^

      Delete
  3. BRING BOOKS TO LIFE. YASSSSSSSSS. I love this idea, it is so fabulous and I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF IT!

    Lovely post. Also, OF COURSE THE 39 CLUES MAKES SENSE! Mysteries are awesome!
    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's every reader's dream XD I mean who doesn't want to bring their favorite characters to life?! And the same for a good adventure full of mystery, life should be fun and exciting!

      Thank you ^.^

      Delete