Sunday, July 10, 2016

Short Review: Lalibela's Wise Man

25445648
 Lalibela's Wise Man by Matshona Dhliwayo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:
After his father passes away, Christian is denied his inheritance, disowned by his brothers, and thrown out of the family mansion. Life takes a terrible turn until he embarks on a life changing trip to Ethiopia to meet Lalibela’s wisest man.

**I received a complementary copy from the author in exchange for an honest review**

This is a short story, just under 100 pages, but is a powerful read, and is filled with wisdom!
This is also for a good cause as the author has expressed that: "I plan to donate 50% of the proceeds to orphanages in Zimbabwe." I  am so glad I had the opportunity to read, review, and share this treasure with my friends and readers!

Review:
Wow! I can say this book is one of only a few books that left me stunned by its power. Beautifully written, and short enough to read wherever you are, it has a powerful message about living simply and being grateful. I recommend everyone reads this at least one time, if you don't like it, that's fine, but I believe many who read it will at least get something from reading it.

About the author: 
Matshona Dhliwayo is a Canadian based Philosopher, Entrepreneur, and author of books such as The Little Book of Inspiration, Creativity, The Book, 50 Lessons Every Wise Mother Teaches Her Son, 100 Lessons Every Great Man Wants You to Know, and The Little Book of Secrets to Happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment