Sunday, July 31, 2016

July: This Month's Book Haul


Another months down! Here are the books I received in July! ^.^


  Book Mail!
 The Exiled Seven Ah! I did a blog tour for this, and was really excited, and the publisher contacted me about a review! Ee! XD I'm almost half way through, and I'm loving it! (Kind of feels like the Hobbit dwarves....without the hobbits O.o SO good though!)
 1984 So...I've had this on my TBR list forever! It's a classic, so I wasn't expecting it, but yay!
The Wolf Road This one I won on LibraryThing for a review. It's something different that caught my eye.
Shaky Man This is a middle grade book that teaches kids that racsim is bad, and that being different is ok. 






Requests I Approved this month!
The Summoned King: Book One of The Kalymbrian Chronicles Christian Fantasy
Celtic Knot Designs with an Australian Twist Adult coloring book
Komitas, The Artist and The Martyr Non-fiction autobiography
Legacy Steam-punk fantasy
The Quantum Door Sci-fi
Don't Call Me Kit Kat Contemporary fiction about eating disorders
The Movement of Crowns (Movement of Crowns #1) Christian Fantasy romance
Vick's Vultures Sci-fi
The Girl Who Could Read Hearts Paranormal fiction based on true story
The Faraway North Scandinavian tales translation
3 Days: A Passion Christian "she only has three days to live"
Dejado de lado - Left Out Children's bi-lingual book

Approved on Edelweiss
 Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5 I haven't read comics in years! This was a great one to start getting back in the habit!
Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross #4)  So I've checked the first three out at the library, and I'm read to start this one! I'm excited!
Cara's Kindness I loved the art style on this one, and enjoy a good children's book as much as anything! Plus it's a quick read!
The Storybook Knight Again, the cover, and the title, caught my attention ^.^



Approved on NetGalley 
Fate of Flames (Effigies #1) I clicked it for the cover, but it sounds interesting!
Children of Icarus I picked this one partly for the name, but it's also something different from my other picks!
Moon Chosen Again the name/cover caught my eye.
Henry Hodges Needs a Friend Dogs <3 And I enjoy the art style.
War for the Waking World This is from the publisher who auto-approved me, and it sounded interesting.
Blood Red, Snow White A war story, I seem to have a soft spot for this type of tale.
Into Ather This one got me curious, and I loved how it sounds!
Kalifus Rising (Legends of Orkney, #2) This one also caught my eye, now to find the first book...
Sorry I'm Not Sorry This is from the publisher who auto-approved me, and it sounded interesting.
Bonhoeffer Student Edition I know I really should know more, but only know the basics and I would love to know more about him!
 10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know This is from the publisher who auto-approved me, and it sounded interesting.


Library Picks
Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1) A great start to the latest series!
Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2) Eh, this one was a real let down, but I didn't hate it.
Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3) Yes! There's back, and now I can read that ARC for the last book #4!
Badge of Honor I have a thing for Love Inspired SUSPENSE romances...don't judge! XD I want to read them ALL!
Under Cover of Darkness Another LIS
Hidden Motive Another LIS
Die Before Nightfall Another LIS
The Berry Big Storm OK so this wasn't a Library pick, but I read it waiting on my mom at the Dr.'s office.
Mistaken for the Mob Another LIS
Note of Peril Another LIS, about musicians, so that was a nice change! I love stories about musicians/songs!
Her Brother's Keeper This one was less suspense, more humor, but I enjoyed it.
Myst Passages (#0) Comic of one of my favorite games! Too bad there are only two :P
Myst (The Book of Black Sails #1) The other comic for Myst, and the last. :(
A Court of Thorns and Roses So good! I'm almost half way through, but I'm loving Maas' style!





Finished this Month!
Mission Titanic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #1) A great start to the latest series!
Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2) Eh, this one was a real let down, but I didn't hate it.
Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3) Yes! There's back, and now I can read that ARC for the last book #4! 
Note of Peril Another LIS, about musicians, so that was a nice change! I love stories about musicians/songs!
Her Brother's Keeper This one was less suspense, more humor, but I enjoyed it.
Myst Passages (#0) Comic of one of my favorite games! Too bad there are only two :P
Myst (The Book of Black Sails #1) The other comic for Myst, and the last. :(
The Berry Big Storm OK so this wasn't a Library pick, but I read it waiting on my mom at the Dr.'s office.
  Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #5 I haven't read comics in years! This was a great one to start getting back in the habit! 
Marvel's: Guardians of the Galexy: Castaways It took me a while, since I had to read it on my phone, but I really enjoyed this one!
Beneath the Fall (Sunborn Rising #1) Stunning! I got this one as part of the blog tour! So glad I did! <3
Broken Pieces I'm not big on Comtemperaty fiction, but I really enjoyed this one!
Daughter of the Sun (Cult of the Cat #1)  This is also something I don't often read, Egyptian Mythology, but I can't wait for the next book!
Korian and Lucy: A Cult of the Cat Short Story A short novella about Trinity's parents, (the main character of the first story)

The Daydreamer Detective Wow! I normally guess the end of Crime novels, but this one had I surprise I didn't see coming!
The Daydreamer Detective
Braves The Winter This one didn't have the suspense the first did, but touches more on romance, and gets into a darker side of crime.
Lalibela's Wise Man    I LOVE this book! A short 100 page book, but it's powerful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment