Friday, July 15, 2016

Book Tag: The Ultimate Book Tag

Hello everyone! Welcome to my second book tag. This book tag is called The Ultimate Book Tag and it was created by the lovely ladies at Chapter Chicks.
If you like to participate, please leave your link in the comment below so I can visit and read your answers! :)

Let’s get started!!
The Ultimate Book Tag

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes, I can read a map, but that's about it :P

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmm...there's a lot, but the first that comes to mind in Stephen Lawhead. I instantly fell in love with his style in the King Raven trilogy retelling of Robin Hood! His style beautiful and powerful in perfect measure, and I highly recommend it!

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Ugh...Well I've only read Twilight, so. I can't really answer that, since I'm sure I would prefer HP, but have never read any of them, or even seen the movies.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Nope, but I do always buy purses large enough for at least one book! So kind of? I do take a book bag to the library though XD

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes! Especially the smell of old books, like when you walk into a part of the library that has books that haven't been touched in years. Smells like forgotten magic and adventures calling to be rediscovered! (No, it does not smell like dust!...well maybe a little XD)

 6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I mostly read books without, but I love the ones that do. It is a nice surprise XD

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
*Cringes* Narnia *hides* Don't get me wrong, I love the stories, but they really need to be read back to back as a whole. I loved them growing up, and the world is beautifully thought out, but I'm not crazy about how some of the books were written. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the book that inspired me to start reading, but I have always had a soft spot for the Horse and His boy. I just feel that they are too short, and if they are read as individual books, instead of as parts of a much larger work, you really miss out. So unless you recommend the whole series, it's hard to see what all the excitement is about.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Nope, not really
 
Unless you count my middle school librarian's faces at my choice in books when I checked out my limit every week XD (It was partly surprise that I read so much, partly horror in what I chose to read XD I was a...strange kid with highly eclectic tastes, still am, just not a kid haha)

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Screw Tape Letters by C. S. Lewis

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Either Complete Grimm's Fairy-tales or Lord of Chaos (Wheel of Time #6)

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Some. I have written scenes that I hoped to use in a story one day, but never tried to put them together. I also write on a website called Felisfire in a game that is similar to the game Town of Salem, only with stories that have clues. So kind of an role-play twist. I also role play if I can find the time :P

12. When did you get into reading?
I didn't really start reading until the fourth grade. Something just clicked, and after that I craved books and could never get enough. I've had times since then when I didn't have time to read as often, but the love of books is still strong! I've also passed some of my favorite childhood books to my little sister <3

13. What is your favorite classic book?
Hmm...Does White Fang count? I love books about animals, and adventure so it's the best of both! And wolves! <3 There are probably a lot, but I don't read classics often because it takes me so long to get into them. I usually end up loving them, but ... well one example the Great Gatsby I hated everything about the book until the last chapter...then I honestly cried because it was over just when I fell in love with it! I do also enjoy Hamlet and the Odyssey (both read for school, but they were both shortened versions, so that doesn't really count)

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Nope. It was the only subject I ever made an F in all through school *sheepish grin* I missed two weeks of school becasue of a surgery (I got my tonsils out in the fourth grade), and was expected to make up the work without any help because I missed out of the lessons. So I didn't do any of the work. I always hated grammar, and never understood it, I love reading, but all the rules are confusing O.O I learn more about English, or really any language by studying poetry and music, I guess it's my artistic side XD

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I say thank you and then pass it on to someone else who would enjoy it. Or if I had the receipt, I would return it and get something I would enjoy.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Not really the same...but kind of? The Pendragon series by
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Nothing, I don't film! I hate being in front of a camera, or people in general. I'm often very uncomfortable in front of people and am very self conscious :P

18. What is your favorite word?
Um...I really don't know. I don't think I have a favorite. (How would I choose?!)
Epiphany and Serenity are both pretty though ^^

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Well...if you go by this, definitely Nerd :P
nerd-venn-diagram
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Hmm...are they trying to kill me, or seduce me? XD I can't choose!

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, nothing ever good comes from Angels getting involved with humans, at least not when they can be seen :P

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves! Spirits mean trouble, at least werewolves are cool.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires, I'm not a fan of rotting flesh, and brainless monsters :P

 24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Both, at the same time! I love when the character has a choice between the 'safe and right' character for them and someone 'forbidden and dangerous'!

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
You know, currently I’m into books with action-packed and a few love scenes mixed in.
I get bored easy if the only focus is the romance, without the sense of danger, it's too easy to predict the end! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment