Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Path Of Destiny

The Path Of Destiny The Path Of Destiny by Mike Shelton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars






**I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review**

Cover: Charming
Rating 3 Stars
Overall: A great start!!
Characters: Powerful, and complex
Plot: An ancient magic has returned, and the Realm will be forever changed!
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend Yes.



This book started out slow. I enjoyed seeing how the characters lives changed and were affected by the various things going on around them, but feel it took a while for the pieces to have meaning. After the first half, it got a lot easier to get into. It was building the foundation for a strong series, so I am looking forward to the next book!

Pros:
I really liked how the story built, and promises big things to come. I feel this series has a lot of potential. I enjoyed seeing the characters change as time passes, and how even the older characters seem to realize sometimes everyone makes mistakes. I also loved the Cremelinos (horses)! 

Cons: 
Although this series seems to have a lot of potential, not much really happened in this book. It was more setting out for things to happen, which is fine, but I feel more could have, and probably should have, happened in this book along the way. I also didn't understand some of the character's choices, and sadly even the characters at times didn't seem to know why they did things. 

Overall:
I didn't hate this book, but wish it had a little more happen, they talk of prophecies, and things that will or must happen, but very little does. Major things are in their futures, but the characters are mostly blind to what those changes, decisions, and choices that they are to face, make, and choose. I look forward to the next book, but can't say that this was my favorite book, and I hope that the next book(s) come through on their promises, and over a great story, but I will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment