Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review: Thor: Dueling with Giants

Thor: Dueling with Giants Thor: Dueling with Giants by Keith R.A. DeCandido
My rating: 3 of 5 stars






**Received a free copy from NetGalley for an honest review**

Cover: A little too...shiny?
Rating 3 Stars
Overall: Okay
Characters: Fun
Plot: What are Loki and Thor known for? Yeah XD
Page Turner: Yep
Series Cont.? Maybe
Recommend Maybe



This was a fun read. I enjoyed seeing the characters interact, and how their personalities showed. From my comment you can tell my favorite character... XD I loved the part when Loki has to figure out how to deal with his 'grounding'.

Pros:
I loved seeing the character personality show through from anything from as simple as a meal, and carry over to things like fighting style. Many of the characters have traits or quirks, be it size, or how they talk, or even what they use as a weapon, ex. in one of the battles, one of the larger warriors choose to sit on his enemies and talk about all this 'honors'! I also really enjoyed seeing different sides of Loki and Frigga, both in how they care for and treated each other, to how they reacted to the others of Asgard, and even Thor.  

Cons:
One thing I often struggle with...Thor seems to lack emotion. He's kind and cares for others, but he doesn't have the same life I can feel when reading Loki.  Thor just...does, there are a lack of emotion, and even the descriptions seem forced. Because of this, all but the last battle seemed drawn out, and rather dull to me. :/

Overall:
This book took me longer than I would have liked, in part because I had to read it on my phone, but partly because the first half was all setting the stage for the ending...And although I enjoyed the ending, I wish I was able to say I loved this book, but it was slow, and hard to get through in places. Maybe it's because it's a kids book... but I have and still do enjoy reading many children's books, but this wasn't a favorite of mine. I might read the other two, but they are very low in priority on my TBR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment