Monday, May 23, 2016

A Tale of Bears and Men? Review: Everflame (#1)

Everflame Everflame by Dylan Lee Peters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





Cover: Eye catching
Rating: NC-17 for the violence and gore (maybe alright for 15-16 year olds, but not for younger ages)
Scoring?: 4 stars
Overall: It started slow, but I couldn't put it down after the first half!
Characters: Interesting and Intense!
Plot: The ancient powers of Good and Evil are returning once more, who will win?
Page Turner: I'd say so
Series Cont.? Yes, absolutely.
Recommend: Yes.

Wow! Although it started out slow, I'm glad I pushed through! It ended on a great note, and I can't wait to read the next one! Join Evercloud and his friends on an adventure to bring Bears and Humans together in harmony, but all of creation hangs in the balance! Can they defeat the Evil that has cause such destruction? And what will the journey cost them? Perhaps too much, but you will have to read it for yourself to find out!

I warn, there is one part with strong, disturbing gore, and other scenes where characters die. Peters' doesn't shy away from showing blood and suffering, and although I expected death, I wasn't expecting it, so just a heads up!

Don't let that stop you though, its only a short scene, and the story only gets better from there! I loved this book, and if it wasn't for the slow start, it would definitely be one of my top favorites! I still have high hopes for the other three, and look forward to reading them! ^^

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment